Making the 艺术 accessible to 内华达ns of all cultures and abilities, without prejudice to geographic or economic status, is a priority for the od体育彩票 (NAC). Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act states, 在某种程度上, that “no otherwise qualified person with a disability… shall solely by reason of their disability be excluded from the participation in, 被剥夺了…的利益, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance.” The NAC encourages its grantees and partners to view accessibility as both a philosophic commitment and a business practice. Methods to address diversity in your community include involving individuals from diverse populations and/or organizations in the planning, 实现, 对项目进行评估和跟踪. By making 内华达’s 艺术 and cultural programs, 活动, 信息, and facilities accessible and usable to all people, 不论有无残疾, we open the door to a new and expanded audience of participants, 顾客和倡导者.
For 信息 on requirements of the 美国残疾人法(ADA) or how to make your programs and facilities more accessible, 下载 无障碍手册设计 以及一个 艺术可访问性检查表 关于od体育提现艺术基金会 访问主页. This website provides 信息 and links to Leadership Initiatives in 艺术 and Aging, 艺术在医疗, 艺术在修正, 通用设计与艺术职业. It also features award-winning accessibility programs implemented across the nation.
ACCESSIBILITY INFORMATION FOR NAC GRANTEES
- 1973年的复兴法案, Section 504 mandates that no otherwise qualified individual with a disability shall, 完全是因为他/她的残疾, 被排除在参与之外, 被剥夺了…的利益 or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance. Per NEA regulations, grantees shall administer programs and 活动 in the 大多数集成设置 appropriate to the needs of qualified persons with a disability. Additionally, grantees shall operate each program or activity so that the program or activity, 从整体来看, is readily accessible to and usable by persons with a disability.
- The ADA requires that all 艺术 organizations make their programs, 服务和活动, 包括就业, accessible to qualified persons with disabilities. The ADA applies whether or not an 艺术 organization receives federal funds.
- Organizations and public institutions that receive NAC grant funds must have a current Organization Accessibility Checklist, 自我评价, 或计划在授予期间存档. The organization must review and update this document every three years to be current. For 信息 on requirements of the ADA or how to make your programs and facilities more accessible, 下载 无障碍手册设计 以及一个 艺术可访问性检查表 关于od体育提现艺术基金会 Accessibility 资源 homepage at: http://www.Arts.gov/accessibility/accessibility-resources
- FY20 grant applications for organizations and public institutions require a Plan for Accessibility. Accessibility programming accommodations may include ASL interpretation, 音频描述服务, 辅助监听设备, 声音放大设备, CART或开放字幕服务, 大型印刷材料, 盲文材料, 服务动物政策和实践, 感觉友好的编程, 安静的地方/不停地动, 社会故事材料(i.e. “你的博物馆之旅”视频), Digital/web materials that are screen reader compliant, Programming that actively includes/engages those with physical and/or developmental disabilities, Military Programming (Active Duty/Veteran/Families), 创造性的老化程序, 特殊艺术教育项目, Pay-what-you-can or free admission programs/mechanisms, 被监禁人口编程, ESL课程和/或材料, 聘用残疾人士或艺人, 与有残疾的董事会成员合作, 及艺术治疗计划.
- 艺术 对所有 内华达 (声音/ TDD: 775.826.6100、传真: 电子邮件) is an NAC partner in accessibility education, 为所有内华达人提供艺术课程, including the 15 percent of 内华达’s population with some type of disability.
什么是残疾? The Americans with Disabilities Act provides comprehensive civil rights protections for “individuals with disabilities.”
Web ACCESSibillty标志 & 手机文字输入的软件 As a service to our grantees the following logos and sample text are available for download (simply copy and paste) and use in print and web materials:
Ten Steps to Accessible Cultural 项目 and Orgnaizations Know the laws and how they apply to your organization, patrons and audiences with disabilities.
美国残疾人法(ADA) The full text of the ADA statute is at this link, as well as links to ADA-related resources online.
National 艺术 and Disability Center (NADC) is the national 信息 dissemination, technical assistance and referral center specializing in the field of 艺术 and disability. The NADC is dedicated to promoting the full inclusion of children and adults with disabilities into the visual, 执行, 媒体, 和文艺界.
National Endowment for the 艺术’ (NEA) Office for AccessAbility is the advocacy-technical assistance arm of the 艺术 Endowment to make the 艺术 accessible for people with disabilities, 老年人, 退伍军人, 和生活在机构里的人. The NEA’s Office of AccessAbility created a 提示单 outlining the revised 2010 regulations under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Advocacy Resource Center – Follow this link to a list of certified sign language interpreters.
Smithsonian Guidelines for Accessible Exhibition provides a hands-on guide to designing exhibits with accessibility integrated, 不是事后想的.
For more 信息 contact the od体育彩票